[OSM-dev] Google Summer of Code

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Fri Apr 25 08:39:58 BST 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:01:37 +0530
"Arindam Ghosh" <makghosh at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> yeah...okay. Visiting sarai sounds cool...

Let us arrange that at some point once the project gets going.

[...]
> I read it....its' good....but while setting up my local copy i am
> facing a little problem:
>
> create function tile_for_point returns integer soname 'libmyosm.so';
> create function maptile_for_point returns integer soname 'libmyosm.so';
>
> These two are returning with "ERROR 1126 (HY000): Can't open shared
> library 'libmyosm.so' (errno: 22 libmyosm.so: cannot open shared
> object file: Permission denied)"
[...]

I have to wait till the weekend before trying to set up a local copy
of OSM, but Google turns up this thread that might be of use:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2007-September/007158.html

Also, when it comes to inputting Indian language characters, let me know
if you would like any help. The latest Fedora version (I am guessing from
your message that is the distribution that you are using) has good Indian
language support.

Regards,
Gora