[OSM-dev] osmtools first release - nodeID

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 20:02:42 BST 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Hendrik Siedelmann
<hendrik.siedelmann at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  A question: So when doing routing two ways can be considered connected
>  when they share a node.

Yes.

> And restricitons in this connection (turn
>  restrictions ...) are embedded in the node they both reference,
>  correct?

It's generally assumed that turn restrictions will be described using
Relations. One proposal (although I don't know how many other
proposals there are, or how many examples of their use are actually in
the db) can be found at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Relations/Proposed/Turn_Restrictions

Cheers,
Andy