[OSM-dev] Planet.osm missing visible attribute?

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 21:03:46 BST 2008

2008/8/1 Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm toying with manipulating the planet.osm file, and noticed that my SAX
> parser is not giving me hits on the "visible" attribute (at least for
> nodes). Is there a default value for the visible attribute that I should
> assume when the value isn't there?
>
> -Ian

I'm pretty sure *only* the visible/active elements make it to planet.osm,
and the attribute is omitted because it would be redundant. It seems likely
the Protocol Specification on the Wiki is incorrect in showing the visible
attribute. Maybe that attribute is used on upload, though; I don't know
(seems unlikely, though).

Karl