[OSM-dev] 7500 disfigured ways deleted

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Aug 4 00:31:29 BST 2008

Hi,

    when postprocessing OSM data, one often encounters ways that make no
sense - ways with 0 nodes, ways with 1 node, or ways with 2 nodes where
both nodes are the same (the same id, not the same coordinates).

I have deleted them from the database now (roughly 7500 ways affected).
Some could not be deleted because they were incorporated in relations,
in which case I didn't bother.

For details, see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/User:Frederik_Ramm/Fixbot_Log#Fixbot_run_on_2008-08-03

I have a script to revert the operation wholesale if it should turn out
that there was a judgement error on my part and these ways indeed served
a purpose.

Bye
Frederik