[OSM-dev] New servers?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Aug 5 15:15:35 BST 2008

In message <264f113d0808050656k792bab79pb5457ac963ee73e0 at mail.gmail.com>
        Raphael Studer <studerap at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've found some news servers on the munin page:
>
> http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/draco.openstreetmap.html
> http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/fuchur.openstreetmap.html
> http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/idris.openstreetmap.html
> http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/norbert.openstreetmap.html
> http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/puff.openstreetmap.html
> http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/sarel.openstreetmap.html
>
> What will be their job?

Well if you give us more than about two seconds after they are
installed then we might be able to tell you...

Seriously, the only one doing anything at the moment is idris which is
a dedicated Atom based machine generously provided by Bytemark to
replace the virtual machine they had previously been providing. It is
now running all the services (wiki, trac, svn, mailing lists) which
used to be on the virtual machine.

Of the others, the three G5 machines (draco, sarel and norbert) will
probably be used to replace the current rails application servers
which will allow to run significantly more rails daemons. There is
a small amount of hardware reconfiguration to be done first though.

Of the two G3 machines (puff and fuchur) one will probably be used
to replace the current frontend web server and we don't currently
have an immediate use planned for the other one.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/