[OSM-dev] renderd segfaulting

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 20:04:08 BST 2008

> > I've set up mod_tile and renderd. Compiled against mapnik 0.5.1.
> > 
> > renderd works for a bit, but then segfaults. It seems to be a problem with fielding a burst concurrent requrests, but not certain.
> > 
> > Any suggestions on problems to look for?
> What compile options did you use for compiling Mapnik? If you set
> THREADING=single then that could be the problem. It might be worth
> switching renderd to be single threaded by editing render_config.h to
> NUM_THREADS to 1 and recompile.

I didn't compile Mapnik with any THREADING option .. assume it defaults to multi?

Changing NUM_THREADS to 1 and recompiling does prevent segfaults. Doesn't explain the problem though, and I'd like to get multiple threads working, if possible.

> The code operates fine in multi-threaded mode on the main OSM server
> which uses the latest SVN mapnik code.
> If you still run into problems then it would be good to recompile
> renderd with debug info by adding -g to the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS and get a
> backtrace from gdb.

Running renderd in gdb, it segfaults in "fribidi_remove_bidi_marks"

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/attachments/20080805/9dc989c2/attachment.html>

More information about the dev mailing list