[OSM-dev] curiosity killed the cat...

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 08:43:33 BST 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Stefan de Konink <skinkie at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>
>> > the gps points data are related in some way in the DB to the gpx they
>> > come from?
>>
>> Yes, the table holding the GPX points has a reference to the table
>> holding the GPX file info. But it is never published.
>
> Where can an OSM user request all tracks ever uploaded?

There should be around 30GB[1] of raw gpx data on the server. You will
probably never need all GPX tracks, so webscraping a couple of
houndred tracks slowly is probably the way to go. I recently
downloaded a thousand tracks, and a houndred would have been  enough
to disprove me.

[1] at a minimum of 80 byte per track point and about 400million trackpoints
http://www.openstreetmap.org/stats/data_stats.html