[OSM-dev] Requesting rendering [was Re: Rendering: 2 questions.]

Robert Funnell robert.funnell at mcgill.ca
Sat Aug 9 12:12:07 BST 2008

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Rogier Wolff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was considering volunteering some of my machines for tiles at home,
> but the readme told me that it required up to a gigabyte of RAM.

I can't answer this one.

> Secondly, I added the road where my brother lives, how long should it
> take to render that tile again?

After editing, you can request a new rendering by going to
http://informationfreeway.org/. Navigate to the region you want, at
zoom level 12; point to the map so the dashed-line square indicates
the tile you want; and press 'r' as indicated in the instructions at
the bottom. You can later press 'i' to get the status of your request.
See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Faq#I_have_just_made_some_changes_to_the_map._How_do_I_get_to_see_my_changes.3F

In my experience, the request will often be picked up within a few
seconds and rendered within an hour or two.

This question might better have been asked in a separate message to
the newbies list.

- Robert