[OSM-dev] Question: Symbols in JOSM

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Aug 9 19:48:01 BST 2008

Hi,

> But in order to get my Data into OSM without losing too many information
> I've been asking around in the forums and other mailing lists where I have
> been told to tag as much information as possible.

> I thought it doesn't matter what kind of tags you assign to anything.

That's basically correct but I suggest that if you intend to use tags
that are used elsewhere to mean something different then you should
prefix them with your user id and a colon to avoid misunderstandings.

If you want, you can supply your own "mappaint style" file to JOSM where
you can define how you want your nodes to look like.

Bye
Frederik