[OSM-dev] coastline

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 11 00:38:18 BST 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 16:28 -0700, Neil Penman wrote:
> Looks good.   Any chance the coastline could be updated every week
> along with the rest of the bulk re-rendering?

This was happening almost every week until the hypercube machine started
to run into problems. I don't know yet whether the service will resume
or if I'll have to continue generating them on the tile server. It takes
roughly 12 hours of CPU time to generate the shapefiles. If we wanted
them in place before the rendering was started then this would delay the
whole Mapnik rendering update.

	Jon