[OSM-dev] UTF-8 Failure...

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Aug 18 09:26:54 BST 2008

In message <20080818080901.GA9844 at sspaeth.de>
        spaetz <osm at sspaeth.de> wrote:

> As my utf-8 knowledge is next to inexistent, I would appreciate if
> people could have a look whether this is really a case of an UTF-8
> error, or whether our UTF-8 checker is wrong.

It's bogus - it's the classic result you get if you talk to our
database via a UTF-8 connection instead of a Latin-1 connection (see
previous discussions for why that seemingly bonkers statement it
correct).

The API is returning the correct data however, so it is XAPI that
is wrong somewhere, possibly because that object was imported from
a planet or planet diff that was broken?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/