[OSM-dev] Daily Diff parsing - tile expiring

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-gis-osm-dev at silbe.org
Thu Aug 21 11:29:40 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 08:55:08AM +0200, Roeland Douma wrote:

> Sounds good. I'll look into mmap. Never had to use it before.
mmap is actually quite simple to use. It makes an open file accessible
like regular RAM. So after you mmap()ed the file, you treat it just as
if it was in memory.
If getting, setting, appending a record by its number and finding a
record in a sorted file is enough, take a look at my database
implementation (searchdb.h and dbmacro.h). While the macro magic is
probably hard to understand, using it is quite simple.
But writing your own implementation using mmap() shouldn't be hard,
either.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/