[OSM-dev] [Tilesathome] t at h API still turn off...

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Sat Aug 30 21:19:38 BST 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 02:21:52PM -0500, Ian Dees wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 12:29 AM, spaetz <osm at sspaeth.de> wrote:
> > And I am looking forward to a performant read-only api that does the "map"
> > call. I know there are at least 2 attempts by Ian dees and blarson to get
> > one and if other's want to chime in and help that would be great. There's at
> > least 2 modular tasks: 1) answer queries efficiently and 2) populate the
> > database with initial osm files b)keep database synched with .osc diffs.
> >

> I'm currently importing Wednesday's planet into my DB. I'm at 12.3M nodes
> (out of 262M) so far, running at 2200 nodes/sec.
>
> The map call works and is pretty speedy (but could definitely be faster).
>
> I'll let you know when it's ready to use...

Last time it took me 3900 Minutes ~ 2 3/4 days on a 4 Disk Raid0 4Gb Ram
Xeon machine ...

Now - 6 months and a couple more GBytes later its running again - 2 3/4
days are over already - my guess is that tomorrow morning it'll be done.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little