[OSM-dev] Mapnik rendering

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Mon Dec 1 15:38:31 GMT 2008

I've just noticed if you have a bridge going over a trunk dual carriageway the oneway arrows render above the bridge,

e.g.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.872301&lon=0.316664&zoom=18

And if you zoom out a bit the arrow on the opposite carriageway overlays the bridge rather than the one shown here.

I've checked the tagging and the bridge over is at layer 1 and the trunk road has no layer tag.

I guess this isn't an easy thing to resolve. Go to decimal layers and have the arrows at +0.5 layer or whatever?

Just thought I'd mention it in case it isn't known about.

Ed