[OSM-dev] API 0.6 Test Server

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Mon Dec 1 19:51:24 GMT 2008

Hi,
On 1 Dec 2008, at 13:21, Dominik Spies wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Thomas Wood <grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have set up a copy of the 0.6 API at
>> http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/ as a testing server.
>> The previous version that was originally at this address was quite
>> neglected as the original maintainer had moved onto other projects.
>> It currently contains a planet extract of the London area.
>>
>> I hope to keep it tracking svn closely.
>>
>> Many thanks to Shaun McDonald, Chris Schmidt and Brett Henderson for
>> their help so far.
>
> I'm not sur if this is the right place to submit such a (possible)
> bug, but I don't know where else.

Thanks for alerting us to this problem.

> I tried this devapi with JOSM 1097. When I try to add or change a Tag
> on a *node*, this doesn't work.
> A trcace with wireshark shows, that JOSM creats the changeset
> (successfully), than tries to upload and getting a HTTP/1.1 422
> Unprocessable Entity in response. With some payload showing an
> exception:

  I am able to reproduce it on that server, but struggling to
reproduce locally. Will continue looking into it tomorrow. There have
been a couple of other bugs fixed in the process.

> [..]
> After that, JOSM closes successfully the opened changeset, AND after
> that, tries also to close the changeset with id 0. which is not
> successfull. (404 Not Found)

This is a problem with JOSM's upload code. I have sent Frederik a mail
explaining the problem.

Shaun