[OSM-dev] Any tile statistics (unique visitors)

Milo van der Linden milovanderlinden at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 00:19:04 GMT 2008

I assume everyone here, whether from the UK, the Netherlands or the
beautiful country of Kazachstan has the same goal: do wonderfull things
with openstreetmap and make the project and community grow. I feel a bit
uncomfortable with some of the discussions lately, wouldn't it be better
if we kept personal conflicts of the list?

About the stats:
If I was interested in seeing what I was spending €16k I would be very
pleased with the maps Andy produces, great work! The statistics from
germany are also a step in the right direction!

As for Stefan's story; (If this information would be available) wouldn't
it be wise to, for this particular case, ask him to be very discrete,
aggregate information and present his presentation for reviewing? If he
would create graphs and images and show the funding party that their
money is well spent on Openstreetmap, wouldn't we all benefit from that?
I guess you could even ask him to sign an agreement not to publish
privacy sensitive information.

I assume even Steve C had to present some sort of stats to Sunstone
Capital
<http://uk.techcrunch.com/2008/03/17/cloudmade-raises-e24m-to-supercharge-open-source-maps/>
or am I mistaking?

Kind regards,