[OSM-dev] Altitude data

Stefan Baebler stefan.baebler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 12:19:09 GMT 2008

Some nodes have altitiude (or alt) tag if the altitude is well known
(mountain peaks etc) as vertical precision of GPS is so inaccurate.

You can convert srtm data into OSM vector contours with
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Srtm2Osm

A general page about visualizing relief (including other techniques,
such as shading etc):
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relief_maps

hope it helps,
Stefan