[OSM-dev] [Merkaartor] Crowd Sourced Testing of OSM 0.6 API

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Sun Dec 14 13:49:47 GMT 2008

Nevermind.

The problem was that Merkaartor (actually Qt) first sent unidentificated
requests, and only sent identificated ones upon receiving a 401 from the
server.

Somehow, there is a passenger/apache bug that makes the 401 (in this
specific instance, user prefs work fine) return empty headers. That confused
Qt which retried with undentificated requests.

I will modify Merkaartor to always send indentificated requests, which both
solve the problem and will reduce the requests to the server.

Win-Win, then :-)

Thanks for the assistance
- Chris -