[OSM-dev] Osmarender not always showing latest data

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 09:41:34 GMT 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> wrote:

> Stefan de Konink wrote:
>
>> 80n wrote:
>>
>>> I'm wondering if perhaps we can compute some kind of rolling checksum
>>> that can be compared between data sources.  It would then be quick and easy
>>> to see if any server was ok just by comparing it's checksum to that of
>>> others at any given minute.
>>>

>> Amount of visible tags + timestamp of latest update in there.
>>

> Extendable with bbox.

Are you saying, very simply, a count of all the tags for nodes, ways and
relations for any given timestamp?

For example:
2008-12:15 08:06 = 898279938
etc

I was thinking of something with a little bit more granularity, such as the
sum of the seconds component of each time stamp.  This would also, I think,
be quicker to recalculate if needed.

If the checksum was stored in a table for every minute diff update then, if
something goes wrong, it would be easy to see when it went wrong, and make
it easier to correct by re-running diffs from that moment.

80n