[OSM-dev] OpenLayers problem with latitude and longitude placement

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 20 18:42:39 GMT 2008

Thomas Wood schrieb:
> 2008/12/18 Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com>:
>>
>> P.S.: The most pressing need to document is IMHO very certainly the various
>> possible options that you can choose for the various constructors ...
>>

> That's the purpose of the API reference.
> http://dev.openlayers.org/apidocs/files/OpenLayers-js.html

Yes, of course :-)

If you look a bit more detailed into the API docs, you'll often find
something like (as an example the constructor for the GML layer):

http://dev.openlayers.org/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/GML-js.html#OpenLayers.Layer.GML.OpenLayers.Layer.GML

-----------------------------------
OpenLayers. Layer.GML

Load and parse a single file on the web, according to the format
provided via the ‘format’ option, defaulting to GML.
Parameters
name	{String}
url	{String} URL of a GML file.
options	{Object} Hashtable of extra options to tag onto the layer.

So, the options are the difficult part of this call, and most likely the
"none obvious" things you'll need to know when you want to make that call.

But as a "user" of the API, you're really a bit stuck here. You can only
try to find the specific source file or google for an example (and hope
that it fits ;-).

Being a developer myself, I know that writing an API documentation can
be an annoying task. So please don't take this as a rant, but as an idea
where a normal openlayers API user will probably often get stuck ...

Regards, ULFL