[OSM-dev] requesting filtered europe-extract

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Dec 26 13:36:21 GMT 2008

Hi,

Marcus Wolschon wrote:
> could it be that this files does not contain
> any nodes but only ways?

You're right... it was a simple planetosm-excerpt-tags run, I wonder why
it didn't work. It does get all the relevant nodes normally. Sorry that
you whole-night download was for nothing then... can I suggest you try
an osmxapi download with the stuff of interest? It would require
individual downloads for places, motorways, and coastlines but allows
finer control. If you cut Europe somewhere at 55°N or so the you should
be able to save a lot on coastline data ;-)

Bye
Frederik