[OSM-dev] ROMA servers down - osmosis large way problem

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Sun Dec 28 20:18:54 GMT 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 09:15:34PM +0100, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] ROMA servers down - osmosis large way problem
>
> Shaun McDonald wrote:
> > From API 0.6 there is a limit of 2,000 nodes in a way.
>
> ...and I hope this limit will be dropped again dropped and allow partial
> modification for ways opposed to uploading the entire way.

Would be kind of complicated i guess.

The point is that you have number 1..100 on a  way - you edit the range
from 50-60 and insert 5 nodes than you'll have 50-65 which will have an
overlap with the ones in the database (sequence wise) so the database/api
needs to reorganize sequence numbers of nodes you didnt edit. Id say -
very ugly ..

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little