[OSM-dev] ROMA servers down - osmosis large way problem

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sun Dec 28 21:10:09 GMT 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Stefan de Konink wrote:
>> Shaun McDonald wrote:
>>> From API 0.6 there is a limit of 2,000 nodes in a way.
>>
>> Btw; Do you impose this also on a relation?
>
> Yes.

So you actually suggest to implement a tree of relations to render a
country? Totally break lookups such as 'is X in country Y', you will
make friends that is for sure :)

> It won't. Partial modification of ways is a good idea but we lack the
> coders to implement it in API and clients. It might be done at a
> later time but surely not with 0.6.

So you really want people first to change everything to 0.6 and then to
something else ;) I wanted to write longer about this, but I think
allowing everyone to send just a complete changeset (within one request)
  ditch REST for updating will give much more momentum, and requires
less code.

Stefan