[OSM-dev] Possible Merkaartor bug?

Detlef Reichl detlef.reichl at gmx.org
Mon Dec 29 21:06:26 GMT 2008

hi,

sorry, for cut'n'paste from the mailing list archives, but I was not
subscribed when the topic was started:

<copied_from_dev>
Hard to solve without knowing what the user did... but good to know that
the
problem is there.

Is user "hdus" hanging around?

Thanks
- Chris -

2008/12/5 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>

> Hi,
>
>    could one of the Merkaartor devs perhaps look into this way history:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/way/24993635/history
>
> It seems that someone managed to insert the same node twice into this
> way using Merkaartor. Known issue?
</copied_from_dev>

Some days ago I reported a similar problem to the talk-de list. It is about the ways

28575383
23589385
23638811

They all have nodes with the same ID one after the other. All the ways are created or last modified with Merkaartor.

It would be useful to check that two successive nodes don't have the same ID before a way is submitted to the DB.

Cheers, detlef