[OSM-dev] ROMA servers down - osmosis large way problem

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Dec 30 22:40:07 GMT 2008

Maarten Deen wrote:
> Ok, it will take some time to connect those million nodes, but at present,
> osmarender likes the million ways better than the million-node way.

But think *why* this is; I presume osmarender is fed the million nodes
because it intersects that way. There are situations where this can
happen in real life even when partial ways are implemented, for example
zooming out to world view.

This is a scenario your renderer must solve; because the renderer knows
its precision for that render, not the data provider. A typical editor
is already limited in what it can 'fetch'. In my previous mails you can
find the other arguments that make more sense as resolution.

Stefan