[OSM-dev] Editing polygon files (was: Osmosis and large bounding polygons)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Feb 1 12:08:05 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Sorry to drag up an old post, but is there an updated version of
> this script?  I can't get it to run on any .osm files and there are
> references to segments in the script, which I'm guessing means it's
> an older script from the 0.4 days.
>
> If not, is there a way to get an .osm file with a single way
> defining an area into a polygon file for use with the
> bounding_polygon option in Osmosis?

I have just checked in osm2poly.pl and poly2osm.pl which do the
conversions obvious from their names, in

applications/utils/osm-extract/polygons

in our SVN. To edit a polygon, first convert it to OSM, then use JOSM
or another editor to make changes, then convert back into polygon
format.

Bye
Frederik