[OSM-dev] osmosis bz2 performance

Stefan Baebler stefan.baebler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:01:37 GMT 2008

> > Would "-" have a meaning somewhere else? read xml change, write xml
> > ... all file operations perhaps?
> Yep, ideally this should be done for all tasks with a file argument.
It still won't be possible to use 2 input streams (eg planet.osm +
planet.osc) on stdin, but at least one (probably bigger source) as it
was now with /dev/stdin. Named pipes could solve that, but AFAIK they
are not supported in Java. Sockets could work, but are not as
convenient for scripting.

Khm, how about reading http URLs directly ? :)
...And writing to ftp locations (eg to your car when in wifi range) :))

> The wiki will need to be updated eventually but I only do that once I
> release a new version.  That may not happen for a little while because
> I'm about to take three weeks off ...
I envy you! Enjoy!
If someone would urgently need unreleased features i can make and send
him the .jar in the mean time.

Stefan