[OSM-dev] disputed areas

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Feb 9 12:07:50 GMT 2008

In message <932300.98894.qm at web30802.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
          Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The solution in mind is something analogous to protected pages in
> Wikipedia. Edits would be checked against a list of "protected" bbox's.

Unfortunately that's quite hard as we don't have bounding boxes for
ways so validating them against a bound is expensive. I wouldn't even
know how to start to geographically validate a relation...

> A quick fix could just apply protection for Cyprus, and access granted in
> some manual fashion.

I don't think a quick fix will be possible, especially as the API code
is not in the best of conditions at the moment.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/