[OSM-dev] disputed areas

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Sat Feb 9 15:14:00 GMT 2008

Mikel Maron a écrit :

> The solution in mind is something analogous to protected pages in
> Wikipedia. Edits would be checked against a list of "protected" bbox's.
>  In those area, users without permission to edit would be denied, and
> given warning that they should apply for access.
> There would be an admin panel for selected moderators to approve/revoke
> access for users.

I don't think it's good idea if we had to decide who is the good guy and
who is the bad guy.

My suggestion is to encourage those guy to host their own localized maps.
- Drop the name rendering for this region on all the OSM-hosted maps ?
- Only render localized names for this region to lower the importance of
the "name" tag ?
- Forbid the use of the "name" tag through the API for this region ?