[OSM-dev] {To All} Re: OSM Data Question from FireGirl

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 07:29:50 GMT 2008

2008/2/13 Fire Girl <firegirl at amorous.com>:
>  but, the one thing which I am throughly still confused about, ... & maybe
> someone can demonstrate further, to help imortalize into my thinking,
> perhaps by way through demonstration of a very small OSM file for me to play
> with using one of the Websites out there that can generate it.... mainly I
> am confuzed on exactly how to come up with the Bounding Box coordinates?
>
>  such as,
>  bbox=-0.5,51.3,-0.4,51.4

Ok, here are step by step instructions:
1. Goto this location: http://www.informationfreeway.org/
2. Note in the lower-right corner it displays the lat/lon for your mouse
3. Pan/zoom to the area you want to have the BBOX for
4. Put your mouse in the lower-left corner and write down the coordinates
5. Put your mouse on the upper-right corner and write down the coordinates

You now have you BBOX.

Have a nice day,