[OSM-dev] Slippy map and zoom

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Feb 15 15:23:32 GMT 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 03:14:54PM +0000, Artem Pavlenko wrote:

> On 15 Feb 2008, at 15:04, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 02:55:11PM +0000, Tom Hughes wrote:

> >>I was interpreting that as asking for animated zoom, where you
> >>have apparent fractional zooms as it zooms in. I might have been
> >>reading it wrong though.
> >
> >Hm, I took it to mean zooming to scales/zoom levels other than
> >factor-of-two magnitude changes.
>

> Animated zoom/pan would be very nice feature to have in OL.
> See http://www.kosmosnimki.ru for examle

You mean like http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/animated_panning.html ?
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/pagameba/transition/examples/transition.html
?

I'm not sure how your statement is relevant to the conversation above,
since animated panning/zooming was already mentioned as something likely
to be in the next release.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt