[OSM-dev] Notes on dev environment setup
Tom Enterline (OSM)
osm at enterline.us
Fri Feb 15 22:18:32 GMT 2008
First, thanks to everyone (on- and off-list) who got me past my bumps!!
As someone who went through the process of setting up a dev environment
on Ubuntu as a total Ruby on Rails and MySQL newbie, I have some notes
to make the next one easier.
1. In addition to the Debian packages noted, I needed ruby1.8-dev and
2. I installed SqlSessionStore via
svn co http://railsexpress.de/svn/plugins/sql_session_store/trunk \
3. The Ruby libxml bindings are listed as a pre-requisite, but no hints
on how to install. I did "gem install libxml_ruby".
4. The current database.yml does not have a socket parameter. On the
other hand, the comments say you need to "gem install mysql", so I did.
5. I found the database schema version (8 versus 10) confusing.
I've never updated a wiki, should I go ahead and make changes on the
The_Rails_Port page? Or is someone (perhaps unoffically) the maintainer?
More information about the dev