[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql.exe

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 18 23:44:53 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 23:29 +0100, Björn Kaul wrote:
> I have had the same message that Stefan described
> and I have not found any solution yet.
>
> Is there any news on this issue?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Björn

osm2pgsql tries to connect to the local database and if it gets rejected
by Postgres then this would seem to be an issue between you and
Postgres.

I have just added support into SVN to specify the authentication
parameters: username, password, host, port. Maybe this will help you.

All the systems that I have used osm2pgsql on have utilised the "Ident
authentication over local sockets"[1]. The comments in the Postgres
description imply that you can not use this on Windows. I know some
people are definitely using osm2pgsql.exe successfully. I don't know how
they've set it up, maybe they have used the permissive 'trust'
authentication option. Maybe you can try this or wait until a new
version os osm2pgsql.exe is produced from the latest SVN code.

	Jon

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/auth-methods.html