[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Trouble in Rangoon

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Feb 28 11:28:32 GMT 2008

Hi,

On 28.02.2008, at 10:49, Andy Robinson ((blackadder)) wrote:
> As for improving the problem overall, I think perhaps a bounty is
> needed?

I can only speak for myself but I am always turned away by bounties.
First of all I don't want to be seen as someone who only works if
there's remuneration, and secondly I always think there will be lots
of people who can use the bounty better than I could, so I refrain
from doing things that have a bounty on them.

Don't know how others feel about this. The whole "changeset" and
"rollback" complex is very high on my personal "next big thing I'll
tackle if time allows" list but I think it is of equal complexity to
the introduction of relations last year; it will probably require
changes to editors and warrant a bump to API 0.6... I haven't made a
lot of noise about this yet because I didn't want to say "I'm going
to do it" and by saying so block anyone else who might get it done
faster and I cannot really promise that I have it done by such-and-
such a date. (It sure is the kind of thing that could be achieved if
the right people sat in the same room for a weekend, IF a weekend can
be found where they can meet...) But I'm theoretically willing and
able to at least create a prototype that we can then test-drive
together.

Bye
Frederik