[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Trouble in Rangoon

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Feb 28 14:26:26 GMT 2008

Hi,

> What about implicitely creating a new changeset if none is
> given, so that a transition is smooth?

I did suggest that on the Wiki page.

> Can anyone suggest to handle the case of user B
> editing entities that are edited in the changeset
> of A before AND after the edit of B?

Difficult but I hope we can ignore that. Individual objects still
have their version numbers as they have now, so in your scenario:

> A: open changeset
> A: move point X to the left
> B: move point X a bit north
> A: move point X to the a bit more left
> A: close changeset

B's change would have the higher version number but be part of a
changeset with an earlier date than A - slightly quirky but not
really cause for concern.

Bye
Frederik