[OSM-dev] generate_tiles.py and openlayers issue

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Feb 29 19:31:58 GMT 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 08:27:37PM +0100, Martijn Verwijmeren wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:49:04 +0000
> Xin <xin at zenpow.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I have been hellishly trying to get the the tiles generated from
> > generate_tiles.py to work under OpenLayers. I am basing my OL code
> > from http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/UsingCustomTiles on the
> > recommendation from an OL user.
> >
> > OL is expecting these files:
> > http://localhost:3000/tiles/10/510/511.png
> > http://localhost:3000/tiles/10/511/511.png
> > http://localhost:3000/tiles/10/512/511.png
> > http://localhost:3000/tiles/10/511/509.png
> > http://localhost:3000/tiles/10/512/510.png

To determine whwether the issue is OL or Mapnik, one thing to do would
be to take a tile from above, and visually compare it to the
corresponding tile in the main OpenStreetMap map. If they are they same,
the issue is with OpenLayers. If they are different, the issue is with
Mapnik.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt