[OSM-dev] Osmarender requested enhancements

Gervase Markham gerv-gmane at gerv.net
Thu Jan 17 15:56:10 GMT 2008

[As always, please redirect me if necessary.]

Could osmarender please be taught to render "highway=ford"? There are
going to be some random gaps in various Cumbrian roads otherwise.

Also, it would be nice to have an icon for "historic=castle".

"waterway=river" is described on Map Features as "For narrow rivers
which will be rendered as a line.". However, the line in osmarender is
pretty thick. Same for "waterway=stream", which is supposed to be even
thinner. At one point I have the two running alongside, and they merge
into one:
http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=54.59496392769815&lon=-2.62095344987375&zoom=17&layers=0B00F000F
(I turned off the name rendering on the stream, so depending when you
look you may not see it labelled explicitly. It splits from the river at
the footbridge, runs along to its west at a different level, then makes
a right turn and rejoins it just before the road bridge. It's an old
mill race.)

Note also that the thickness seems too thick for the bridge icon; the
ends of the bridge are in the water.

Thanks,

Gerv