[OSM-dev] [Tilesathome] Projection problem with tilesgen.pl at very low zoom levels

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Mon Jan 21 20:26:34 GMT 2008

>80n wrote:
>>
>> The South Africa issue appears unrelated - its more likely that two
>> adjacent tiles were generated with different versions of something.
>> The latitudes should otherwise match across tiles.
>>

>I've been re-rendering Southern Africa using Batik instead of Inkscape,
>likely the mismatch here is between Inkscape and Batik.
>
>Example here:
>http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=-34.07&lon=22.5&zoom=10&layers=B000F000F
>
>Batik does not suffer from the horizontal line bug.

No, that is caused by something else. I have used a mixture of Inkscape and Batik for both low and normal zoom rendering accross Australia and have never seen that sort of offset.

I would seriously consider running the JOSM Simplification process over your coastline. It appears to be unneccesarily detailed.

Regards,
Brent.

Brent Easton
Analyst/Programmer