[OSM-dev] extracting output text from api_controller

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Jan 24 12:35:11 GMT 2008

In message <e04cd2420801240425t101b272fkc86ce29de106fffa at mail.gmail.com>
        Xin Zheng <xin at zxv.ltd.uk> wrote:

> I'm new to OSM so I'm not entirely sure what part i18n will play. Can you
> list a few use cases? I'm thinking it'll be providing messages in relevant
> languages to the user through Portlatch, JOSM and the API itself?

I don't think any of those are primary concerns to be honest.

I believe that most people that have asked for internationalisation
support have been referring to the web site itself. The amount of
text exposed via the API is minimal.

Any i18n support in the user interface of the editors is a separate
matter I think. I believe there is already some support in josm for
example.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)