[OSM-dev] Another mobile mapping question...

Dodi dodi at moonbase.sk
Mon Jan 28 12:28:45 GMT 2008

I have some limited experience with Roadmap Editor (
http://www.freemap.co.il/roadmap/ ) (branch of Roadmap
http://roadmap.sourceforge.net/)

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WinPDA#Open_Source

still in development by Ehud Shabtai, available for Linux/GTK2 ,Windows
mobile, Windows XP and J2ME devices, localization possible through
plain-text language file, route planning, built in map editor...

This piece of software can convert traces to GPX, perfoms some "way
simplication"  detects road crossings and connects them together, does
automatic road splitting when you make a turn, has limited taging (like
street, primary road, motorway) support for road naming and uploading gpx
tracks with "collected/edited extended properties" ...

the only disadvantage is, no OSM support :S
you can see it in action
http://roadmap.digitalomaha.net/editor/rm_editor1.avi

Dodi