[OSM-dev] JOSM Jumbo patch v8 (JOSM and validator enhancements)

Andrew M. Bishop amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 18:30:56 GMT 2008

Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> writes:

> On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 19:27 +0000, Andrew M. Bishop wrote:
> > I have downloaded and tried version 10 and version 11 but they both
> > fail in the validator with a Java error:
> >
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.openstreetmap.josm.data.osm.Node.waysUsing()Ljava/util/Collection;
> >         at org.openstreetmap.josm.plugins.validator.tests.DuplicateNode.visit(DuplicateNode.java:121)
> >         at org.openstreetmap.josm.data.osm.Node.visit(Node.java:44)
> >         at org.openstreetmap.josm.plugins.validator.Test.visit(Test.java:126)
> >         at org.openstreetmap.josm.plugins.validator.ValidateAction.doValidate(ValidateAction.java:93)
> >         at org.openstreetmap.josm.plugins.validator.ValidateAction.actionPerformed(ValidateAction.java:41)
> >         at org.openstreetmap.josm.plugins.validator.ValidatorDialog.actionPerformed(ValidatorDialog.java:200)
> >
> > If I disable all tests on nodes then it is OK but this means the
> > motorway tests and the duplicated nodes tests.
>
> Are you using both my version of JOSM _and_ the validator plugin?  I
> added some new support to JOSM that my validator requires to run.

Yes, I am fairly sure that I am - but how to tell?

You haven't changed the version number string which means that the
dialog box warning about the problem still refers to the original
author.  The version number in the preferences dialog is still the
same as well.  Perhaps you should add a specific version number string
of your own to make this clearer.

On the other hand the error message stacktrace seems (to me) to be
saying that it is one of the new JOSM functions that it is not
finding.  The original validator.jar file DuplicateNode.class doesn't
call the function Node.waysUsing() but the one in your new
validator.jar does.  This means that I must be using the new validator
plugin.  I also get the options to check motorway junctions which is
one of your new options.

I am sure that I am using the new JOSM as well because I noticed some
new information (time remaining) on the upload progress dialog box.  I
also get loads of debugging messages that are not in the normal JOSM.

Running 'java -version' says that I am using:

java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode, sharing)

This is on a Linux 32-bit system that is up to date as far as I know.
I haven't had any problems running the mainline JOSM versions.

I have just downloaded and tried version 12 and that is the same.

I have deleted every mention of validator from the preferences file
and then re-enabled it but that is the same.

--
Andrew.
Andrew M. Bishop                             amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk
                                      http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/