[OSM-dev] Editor ideas / default country outlining

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Thu Jul 3 18:36:31 BST 2008

I would stick with the slippy map as implemented in Merkaartor. And
maybe, (really maybe) enhance the highest level map with country names.
(can be special nodes, easy to maintain, easy to render and easy to get
from the OSM database)

In my opinion, a person that is not able to find his own country on a
smoothly moving worldmap should not be mapping at streetlevel.....