[OSM-dev] 0.6 API Status

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Wed Jul 9 04:51:47 BST 2008

Hi All,

Just wondering where the API 0.6 changes are up to.  I haven't been
paying much attention and might have missed something but haven't
noticed any discussion recently.  I've checked out the 0.6 wiki page and
it seems fairly quiet.  Is it still soldiering on quietly in the
background or has something changed (eg. we've also decided to add area
support ;-)?

I need to update osmosis for 0.6.  To get started I'll need a copy of
the latest database schema and some sample xml osm and osc files.

At a minimum I'll have to update the entities to support the new user id
and version attributes.  But proper changeset support might require some
more effort.  The inclusion of user id will let me be smarter with
updating data in replicated databases for old users that have now made
their edits public and will allow users that change their name to be
kept aligned.  I'm not sure how much effort is involved for all of this,
but there's only one way to find out.

Brett