[OSM-dev] Java component for displaying OSM Maps

Jan Peter Stotz jpstotz at gmx.de
Wed Jul 9 19:41:36 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> The SlippyMapChooser plugin for JOSM has such a component built in the
> download dialog.

Thanks, that was a very good hint. Currently the mentioned component has
some dependencies on JOSM and it uses a small part of LibOSM. The library
itself is pretty large - may be it would be a good idea providing a "light"
version without all that database stuff...
Back to the map viewer component. Some parts of it are better implemented
than I did but some other parts are IMHO better in my implementation. Will
try to merge both versions

Jan