[OSM-dev] Area support

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Thu Jul 10 00:13:36 BST 2008

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Frederik Ramm wrote:
>

>> Don't know. But this time it would be supported by JOSM so everyone
>> would use it ;-)
>>

> This isn't talk-de, people here use other editors too you know. :
I'm interested in areas because it makes osm file processing much
simpler and allows tools like osmosis to remain tag agnostic and
therefore simple to use and relatively maintenance free.  But I'm
curious to see how something like this would be exposed via editors.
I'm hoping it would make the job of editors simpler as well rather than
having to apply all kinds of heuristics to determine if a way is
actually a way.