[OSM-dev] [i18n] Help needed to finish i18n of rails_port

Arindam Ghosh makghosh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 06:33:02 BST 2008

Hi,

As of now the globalize plugin gels more or less well in
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port_branches/i18n/ ....but
please
help me out in fixing the errors with click to globalize asap. I mean
webrick is crashing badly whenever i start it after installing click
to globalize plugin. From the error log it seems that other plugins
fail to initiate but that happens after installing click to globalize.
I did different things...including trying
to port the rhtml to erb from this
http://railstips.org/2007/3/4/renaming-rhtml-to-erb ...didn't do much
good.

I read in the common issues at
http://lucaguidi.com/pages/click-to-globalize that "NOTICE: If you use
the Rails 1.2.3 scaffold system, Click To Globalize doesn't works.
Cleanup the code before to use." I guess there's the fix...but need
some advice how to do that precisely..some kind of conflict with edge
rails maybe.  Because until webrick starts up, i can't test anything i
do. As soon as it gets going, next steps seems comparatively
easier....just use of <%= 'some text to localize'.t %>  and also .loc
in the views and putting a check the only a logged-in user can
translate to round off things. Keeping this in mind, i'm in the
mid-way of globalization of
the views, and have commited some of them.....will try to finish
globalization of all the views by tommorow. So, only
thing left is to figure out the problems with click to globalize. I
actually require this because
this plugin provides for the locale change controller and an ajax
just-in-time editor for putting in the translations.

The errors occur just after installing click-to-globalize as given
here: http://makghosh.fedorapeople.org/osm/ctg-error.log

The tarball with the initial plugin installs and basic setups is over
here: http://makghosh.fedorapeople.org/osm/i18n-dev.tar.bz2
U: app/controller/application.rb
U: config/environment.rb

You see that how well it worked in the test app i started with before
the exams: http://makghosh.fedorapeople.org/osm/click.tar.bz2

p.s.: i mailed this again, because the previous one didn't address the
context properly :)

--Arindam

--
Arindam Ghosh