[OSM-dev] Switching T at H server to t at hngo NOW!

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Tue Jul 15 18:35:56 BST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 05:46:46PM +0100, Andrew McCarthy wrote:

> Okay, so just to clarify, do you want the client to upload the
> emptyland.png or emptysea.png for every blank tile at all zoom levels?
> From my understanding of the code, it currently uploads blankness data
> only for levels 12 and 15, and zero-byte tiles for the rest when the
> "parent" tile is also blank.

Within a tileset, I will "bubble" down blankness, so no, it doesn't need to contain ALL blankness entries. E.g. an empty z12 tileset can still only deliver one empty land tile at z12 and all subtiles will have the same type of blankness. I have just looked at the tileset you referred to and the client created appropriate "empty land" tiles where the "unknown type" is displayed on the map.

This means that there is a bug in my bubble down the blankness code. I will have to check this.

I apologize for having tried to push the blame on the client. :-)

off to investigate the thing,
spaetz