[OSM-dev] Osmosis bug?

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Wed Jul 16 00:21:02 BST 2008

2008/7/16 Karl Newman <siliconfiend at gmail.com>:

> At some point (somewhere around 0.24 or 0.25 if I recall correctly), the
> pipe processing order changed to more of a stack-based system. So, you might
> try to write out your xml files (--wx) after each bounding box (--bb) call
> instead of deferring them to the end.
>
> Karl

It changed in 0.25.  So it becomes more like:
osmosis -rx inputFile -tee --bb --wx --bb --wx ...

As Karl mentions the available pipes are now pushed onto a stack instead of
a queue.  The initial tee task will push all of its output pipes onto the
stack, the --bb task will pick off the top pipe then push its output pipe
onto the top of the stack.  The following task (which should be --wx) will
retrieve the --bb pipe leaving the next --tee pipe exposed at the top of the
stack for the next --bb task to consume.  Hope that makes sense.

The alternative is to name the pipes explicitly.