[OSM-dev] Relations - member uniqueness question

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jul 18 18:29:51 BST 2008

Hi,

> This has probably been discussed several times before, but I've come up
> with this problem in Kosmos now and need help. A user reported a bug in
> Kosmos when reading a relation. Here's where the bug occurs:

The current API implementation will not allow the uploading of a
relation that contains the same member more than once. However,
there are some legacy objects in the database where this occurs.
These can be downloaded but never uploaded again.

If possible, I would suggest building Kosmos so that it can cope
with the same object showing up twice. It is not impossible that
the API will one day allow this (again).

(I would also, if this is of any significance for you, deal with
relations as if they were ordered, i.e. assume that the sequence of
the objects in the relation carries some kind of meaning. It doesn't
today, but this would make you a but more "future proof"; you never
know what happens.)

Bye
Frederik