[OSM-dev] Yet another OSM routing tool

Brandon Martin-Anderson badhill at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 09:09:53 BST 2008

Morning Everyone,

A lot of folks have done a lot of interesting work on routing on OSM data.
Over the last year I've been developing a multi-modal trip planning engine,
and one of the modes currently supported out-of-box is OpenStreetMap
walking. Graphserver has undergone a lot of new development in the last few
weeks, and OSM routing has taken an increasingly central role. I just
updated the main project page to reflect the new changes, and a super-quick
OSM "hello world" routing example is on the front page.

Check it out here:
http://graphserver.sourceforge.net/

And scroll down to the bottom of the page to the "Loading OpenStreetMap
Data" section.

Please keep in mind that Graphserver is not a trip planning website, graph
database, or broadly-scoped toolkit. It is a library into which one can load
large amounts of graph data and route across it very quickly. All the other
components of a trip planning webite are left, as the GS page says, as an
exercise to the reader.

Anyway, I'm proud to show off where things have come, and hope to get a bit
of feedback from everyone.

-B